Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 039 - Wen Ju


Dear Kelley and Katie,

How do you do? I am Wen Ju, the student you sponsored. I am glad that I can write to you. I am a girl who lives in a village in Yunnan. I grew up in this village. I love my hometown. Although it is ordinary, it has the beauty of a nice village. As the different seasons change, people wear different clothes in my hometown.

Every summer vacation is varied. There is happiness, but there is sadness, too. My vacation was hard, but I was happy because I worked with my parents and we went home together. No matter how tiring it was, I didn’t grumble. I felt joy because I have the care and support of my parents. Since I was little, I have learned many things in my village. There are many benefits. Some people say that country girls are rustic, but I think that country girls are cute and brave.

The beauty of my hometown not only lies in the fruit, but also in the sweat of the farmer. Walking in the wide fields you can hear the singing of the birds and laughter of the children. How wonderful it is! The local products are pears, apples, and peanuts, etc.

I am studying in school now. I know my lessons well. My home isn’t far from the school. It takes about 30 minutes to walk to school. Although it is tiring, I am very happy because I can strengthen my body and enjoy the pleasures of school. I hope you can do this, too.

There is a big farm in my village. The farm was built a few years ago and it increased the standard of living in our village. I will work hard and contribute to my hometown and make it rich and colorful.

There are some unforgettable things that happen every year. This year, I hope I can have a good life, learn how to interact with different people and look upon everything with an optimistic view. Learning is important, but life must be sufficient as well.

Originally, I hated everything about school. As time goes by, I gradually began to like it more and more. I really like the style of this school and the kindness of the students. But the thing I like most is painting. Painting has been my dream since I was little.

Right now, the most important thing in my life is learning. I like physics and chemistry. They make my thinking more open. I like the responsible teacher as well. I really admire him. A good teacher is like a light that leads me forward.

I have made many good friends this year. They make my life full of happiness. But, I was hurt one time. It wasn’t sad, it was like an alert. It made me understand what is good and bad. As I keep growing, my thoughts change a lot.

I hope you can tell me about your hometown and keep in touch.

Thank you!
Wen Ju