Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 064 Mei Ling


Dear Alirose and David,

My name is Mei Ling and I’m a student in the first year of high school. I’m writing to say thank you for your generosity. I am so happy that I can go to this high school and what makes me even happier is that I have gotten your help.

When I was in middle school, I had a kind of unconditional love from my parents. That is what inspired me to study so hard. No matter how hard life was or how tired my parents were, they always supported me to go to school to receive more education. Usually, when my father and mother came home from working on the farm, they had sweat and dirt on their faces and muddy pants and shoes. I would help them unload their baskets and hoes from their shoulders. That is why, I made up my mind to study hard to repay them and give them an easy life in the future.

When I got my high school entrance offer, the whole family felt glad for me. I could see the happiness shining on my parents’ faces. But I also understood the complicated feelings deep inside their hearts that they didn’t show me. They were happy at my good news but also worried about my tuition because it was more than my family could afford.

Once I heard the news that I received a scholarship from you, I was so excited that I couldn’t help jumping with joy! With your help, my parents have no need to worry so much about my education and their burden has been relieved to some extent.

I really want to express my thanks again for your support, your encouragement, your help and your understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Mei Ling