Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 037 - Meng Huifang


Dear Katie,

I’m glad to have a chance to write you a letter. During these holidays, you are surely having a good life! Are you having a nice winter vacation?

My life is varied and colorful. My life at school is especially meaningful. In order to enrich our after-school time, the school held a gymnastics competition, basketball competition, debate competition, etc. These activities help us all to relax in the midst of our hard study time.

My home is not far from the school. On the weekends, I like to chat with my parents and help them do some housework. There is a pond in front of my home. During the summer, the fish swim freely in the clear water. There are different kinds of flowers around the pond. During my free time, I love to sit by the pond and quietly watch the fields. In the fall, the fields turn yellow. The crops are then gathered through the efforts of the farmers.

I love my hometown. Not only does it have beautiful scenery, but it is also filled with hard-working people. My mother often told me, “If you don’t plant a seed then you can’t reap a harvest.” As a result, I study hard. I know that my future is in my hands and I don’t want to disappoint my parents who have supported me for so many years.

Considering all of the subjects, I like language the most. Language gives me a lot of happiness. When I feel bad, I like to read some nice articles. During my free time, I like to read poems. I am happy that I have a genuine friend. We have the same interests. I believe that our friendship will be eternal, just like the stars in the sky. His home is near to school, so during the weekend I often invite him to come to my home. It takes him only half an hour to get to my home by car. We plant flowers in my garden. We both like flowers, especially orchids. While we are at school I like to invite my friend to take walks with me beside a pond surrounded by lotus.

The pressure to study is absolutely huge. Sometimes I feel exhausted, but I will never give up on my dreams. I have a teacher who is very responsible. I really respect him. He wakes up early to guide us in morning exercises. He says that “To live well you need physical activity.”

Winter here is especially cold. We still wake up early in the morning to exercise, but sometimes my roommates and I argue about getting up. Last year, our class had a field trip during the springtime. We went to the top of a mountain and sang. The sound of our singing will remain there forever.
I hope to get better grades this semester in order to fulfill my dream of going to college. I hope that you will get better grades, that you may become even more beautiful, that your wishes may come true and that your family is always happy.

Merry Christmas!

Meng Huifang