Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 019 - Zang


Dear Ava and Allison,

How are you? I’m really happy to have received another letter from you. It’s been quite a while since I last wrote. I hope you’ve been well!

I’m so grateful to you for all the help and care you’ve given me. I know there are no words that can fully express the amount of gratitude I feel, so instead, I’m hoping that I can show you my thanks by getting good results in school. I’ll be graduating in a mere six months and I’m hoping that I can get good grades to show my appreciation to all the people who have cared for me and helped me.

During the summer, we had an extra month of classes so I didn’t have much free time. When I did have free time, I helped my mother with housework and work on the farm. Even though it was tiring, it was rewarding. My family grows potatoes, vegetables, corn, rice and other crops. We’ve had a good harvest for many of the past years.

Also, my sister was accepted into university! Even though it’s a second-tier school, it’s still so exciting that she got in. Our relatives came to congratulate my sister. This was my happiest memory of this summer because I’m so happy for her.

Ever since my sister was accepted into university, I’ve really looked up to her and I’m determined to become a university student just like her. My plan is to work extra hard this year in school in order to do that. Our school is also taking very good care of our grade in particular. We get to use the nicest classrooms and the best desks and chairs in the school - it’s really nice! I’ve heard that our school is planning to renovate and build a new building in the near future. I’m really looking forward to it and I hope that maybe you can come visit our school again sometime soon!

Once again, I hope you know how grateful I am for all the care and support you’ve given me, and I hope that someday you can be guests in my house.

From,

Zang