Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 114 ~ Qing


Dear Craig and Laurie,

Hey! I am very glad to write a letter to you. Thank you so much for helping me. Words alone cannot describe my gratitude towards you and your generosity.

During the summer time, I stayed at home and helped with chores. Our family owns a farm. We also grow some wild plants on the mountain and we need to mow the land regularly. That is why I chose to stay at home with my mother, to ease her workload during the summer and so she can take a break.

When I find my job, my dream is to go to an island called Jejudo in Korea. This is because the view is so gorgeous and I’ve heard that tons of actors and actresses have filmed there.

At school, my favorite subjects are history and math. This is because my history teacher makes us laugh all the time and it makes the class much more interesting. My history teacher is my favorite teacher. Although I am not necessarily good at math, I love my math teacher because he is so nice. This is mainly why I spend so much time studying for math. I enjoy playing badminton and this type of game where you try to kick a feathery object and keep it above the floor for as long as possible.

Senior year is passing by too quickly, pretty soon it will be time for graduation. That’s why I feel very pressured. Yet I still strive to the best of my ability, no matter how hard it is. I’m working so hard because I feel like that is the way to show my gratitude for your kindness. After I finish my studies, I hope to establish an orphanage. The number of orphans has yet to decline and seeing them without a home is just heart breaking. By opening an orphanage I could house them, giving them warmth and shelter.

Lastly, I wish you a happy life and wish that everything goes well for you.

Qing