Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 043 - Mao Li


Dear Reilly Family,

Thank you for your help! Although we do not know each other yet, I am grateful for your financial assistance for my school studies. Because of the kindness of your hearts, I can study in school comfortably and my family can worry less about the charges for my tuition.

In the past, I didn’t like to study and my grades were poor. During that time, I even got into trouble and my parents worried about me. Sometimes my mother couldn’t help but cry for me. As time went by, I gradually understood that my parents made many sacrifices for me. They worried about my future and were afraid that I would waste my life. As a result, when I was in the sixth grade, I began to study hard. When I played, I would keep in mind that my parents were working hard in the fields. When I would almost fall asleep in class, I would work to have energy again quickly. I was able to enter middle school smoothly and I continued to keep this frame of mind.

After three years of middle school, I entered this high school. When I first began here, I was not accustomed to the workload. I studied every day, but it seemed that my hard work made no improvement and my grades were not great. Now, I have gradually become used to it and now I feel that high school is not as hard for me.

One thing that touches me deeply is that not everyone can receive an education. Everyone should have access to education, because knowledge can change one’s destiny. Knowledge will help me achieve my dreams and bring about a beautiful tomorrow.

I don’t want to allow anyone to suffer harm so, when I grow up, I want to become a policewoman. I will protect my country and everyone around me. When I have the ability to help others, I will try my best to help the people who need my help, just like you have done. I would like to be a philanthropic person and dedicate myself to helping others.

I will work even harder on my studies than before. Thank you again for your help. I wish you good health and wish that you may have all of your wishes come true!

Mao Li