Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 129 ~ Jiemei


Dear Merritt Family,

How are you all? I hope that you are all doing well. I think I am very lucky to receive my second year's sponsorship from you and your family, so I would like to take this opportunity to extend my great thanks to you for your kind and timely help.

During the last two years, I've had a busy schedule. For example, during my last summer vacation, I went to a local toy company to work a part-time job. It was tough because my boss said he was not doing this for charity and he would not hesitate to scold me if I had done something wrong. But I managed to face the music and stay and I even made a lot of friends there.

This summer, I spent my time helping my parents work in the fields on our farm land. It was very hard but it was sweet as well for I knew I was doing everything I could to prepare for a great harvest and ease the burden on my family.

When I'm at home I like listening to music. I think that music is like a friend who can comfort and relax me in my spare time. When I am at school, I like going to the library and doing some reading when I am free.

Well, those are some things I'd like to share about myself. Thanks again for your help. I promise you that I will cherish all of my days in school.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours
Sincerely

Jiemei