Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 116 ~ Hai Mei


Dear Abby and Allison,

How are you doing! I am so happy to read your letter!

In your letter, you mentioned that you are only eleven years old. I was surprised. You are so young, but you have already started to help others. I believe that you are good people. Science is my favorite class too. Although I don’t know how to swim, I hope one day we can swim together in the sea. I want to learn how to swim.

During this past summer, I stayed at my family’s farm. We have an orange orchard. We harvest every winter. Before winter, we have to take good care of the trees. The trees flourish in the summertime. In order to get the trees to have as much fruit as possible, we must cut off some branches in the summer. We started to work at 6am and finished our work at 12pm. We worked again from 3pm until 6pm. Every day, I worked like this. It was hard. But when I look at the trees after one day of work, I imagined that there will be many fruits on the trees in winter. Then, I think it’s worth all of my hard work.

Sometimes I was able to rest for a few days. When it rained, I didn’t need to work. I want to tell you a story. I remember one day, when I was working on the farm, it suddenly rained hard. It caught us by surprise and we all got wet. What a mess!

In your letter, you mentioned that you had a part time job during your summer vacation. (The lemonade stand) I think you were so lucky because I always wished that I could have a part time job during summer vacation. I would like to try that.

I wish you a happy life in middle school! Thank you for reading my letter.

Yours,


Hai Mei