Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 122 ~ Xiang Xiang

Dear Meg Carroll,

Hello! How are you doing lately? The weather is cold now. Please wear more clothes and take care of your health, okay?

This year I spent my entire summer at home and didn't get a summer job because I don’t usually spend a lot of time at home. Now that I have a holiday, I want to stay at home and spend time with my mother and help her with chores. I like planting flowers because when I am bored I can look at them, water them and pull out weeds. It makes me feel a lot better.

During the summer, what made a strong impression on me was when I was pulling out weeds with my sister. It was very sunny and mother hurriedly came back from work and brought us water and umbrellas because she was afraid our hats were too small. Her caring and nervous face still remains in my mind. When I have time, my favorite thing to do is to check out my flowers or practice calligraphy at home because my handwriting is too ugly.

This year, I really want to improve my English because my grades aren’t as good as I would like and my exam scores always pull them down. At school, I enjoy discussing math problems with my friends the most.

That’s how I spent my summer. Now I have a little request, can you tell me how you spent your summer? I hope you can tell me.

Meg, thank you for your help and love and for helping me go back to school.

Lastly, hope you will stay healthy and happy everyday!

Xiang Xiang