Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 014 - Wang Mei


Dear Charlotte,

How are you? It has been a while since I last wrote to you. Are you doing well in the far West? Have you ever been to China? Probably not. My village is a great place. The main products here are apples and corn. In addition, there are a lot of beautiful travel spots. The black-necked cranes are our country’s animal and they live in our village. I love my hometown. Although you have probably never been here, if you do ever visit, I believe you will like it here, too.

I remember once during my summer holiday, my English teacher, my friends and I went mountaineering. We were especially happy and we all came back with joyous smiles. It was my happiest outing. I don’t usually go on outings, so that experience left me with the greatest memories. In the remaining time, I helped out my family by doing house chores and I would do other things that I like.

We have a lot of festivals here and I like New Year the most. Each year, we have a big meal with our family. The second day, we hang out with our friends. Most of all, the unity of my family makes me happy. My brother and I also get to be together. The thing we like to do the most is shopping.

We spend most of our time at school studying. There is not much time to play. In my school, one of the things that I like the most are the tall trees and when the winds wave the leaves. That makes me feel great! Speaking of school, I should mention about my learning objectives. During this year, I want to learn about communication. I hope I will be able to use language better to express my thoughts and ideas.

Lastly, I wish you the best every day.

Wang Mei