Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 054 - Wei Yan


Dear Stephanie and Paul,

Greetings! I greatly appreciate your financial support. Because of your support, I am able to complete my high school education and I have gained more confidence. My family has been funding not only my tuition, but also my little brother’s and little sister’s education. But the tuition costs for high school are much higher than the fees for junior high.

Life has been very difficult for my poor family. The only reason I was accepted into this high school was because my parents supported me all the way. Although life is very tough for them, not once did they ever complain. Instead, they often encourage me to study hard and not worry. Therefore, no matter how many obstacles I encounter, I will find a way to overcome them. When I found out that I was accepted into high school, feelings of joy swelled up within me because I was one step closer to achieving my goal. However, the economic state of our family worried me greatly. At times, I wanted to give up. Yet, my parents continued to support me. With the help of my teacher, I found out that our high school had this kind of scholarship and I worked hard to obtain this precious scholarship.

I hope that through earning a complete education, I will be able to change my destiny and let my family experience a better life. I understand that the road before me will be long and difficult to travel. However, with the support of my family and you, I believe that I will have the courage to press on. My current goal is to be accepted into an ideal college. Maybe I will be able to become a doctor or teacher some day. I look forward to college.

After I graduate from college, I will seek a good job that will be able to change the situation my family is in. I will help my parents fulfill dreams they once deemed impossible. If I get the chance, I will establish an elementary school in my hometown so that the children there will be able to fulfill their dreams through a better education and live a life without regret.

Once again, I thank you for all of your help. I wish you and your family health and happiness.

Wei Yan