Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 012 - Dahong


Dear Melina and Talia,

Hello! It’s been a while since we last wrote, how are you? My life here is great. I get along with other students pretty well. Although there is a lot of pressure from school, my life here is full of happiness.

You have asked me about a book named “shehua.” I am very sorry, but I have not read this book before therefore, I do not know what it is about.** However, if I have a chance, I will look for the book and read it.

At school, I like to take a stroll and talk to my best friends. Sometimes, I will listen to music alone. Life at school is tough because of the pressure of the college entrance exams, but learning is also interesting because I am getting a lot of new knowledge from school.

You said your favorite animal is a dog. I like dogs, too. My favorite animal is a rabbit but I have never raised a rabbit. I am a few years older than you. If you don’t mind, can I call you little sister? I have seen your picture, you are gorgeous and cute. I wish I could have a brother too because I only have a sister. I am the youngest in my family and all my friends say I am very lucky. Certainly, my family and friends are all very nice to me.

How about you? You must be lucky too! You have a lovely family as well. I like all kinds of colors. Of the two colors that you mentioned, I like white because it is pure like some innocent people.

You asked me about where I would like to travel and I have thought about it. If I had the chance, I would love to travel around the world, like you. I would go and see all kinds of places. I have not seen the Great Wall, but I have seen it on the TV and in books. If there is chance, I hope you can come to the Great Wall and other places in China. As for languages, we only know Mandarin and English but not fluently. Honestly, I want to learn Korean because it sounds good. And the writing in Korean is interesting, too. But I wonder if I will ever have the chance. Do you like Chinese? If you do, I can teach you. But it is hard to teach you because of our distance.

How was your vacation? Did you have fun? Did you do any interesting things? Nothing interesting happened during my vacation. We took extra classes during our summer vacation, so I didn’t have time to go out and play. I stayed home for this vacation.

I should stop now, I will talk to you next time. I hope the best for you and please be a happy girl. This wonderful life belongs to us and let’s all work together for our future.

Remember, give yourself a smile every day.

Dahong



**We apologize, this must have been lost in translation.