Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 045 - Wan Mei


Dear Nina,

Thank you for writing me a letter. I was happy to receive it.

I want to tell you that when I was little, my family was poor. As a result, I didn’t begin going to school until I was eight years old. When I was in middle school, I could think of nothing but going to high school. As time went by, I learned more and more and I felt the real pleasure of learning. I was extremely happy when I was accepted into this high school. I could feel the joy of my dreams coming true.

But, in the middle of my happiness, there was some concern. I worried about the tuition charges. I wondered if after high school I could pay back a loan. Your help allows me to not worry, to have no anxiety – to beam with joy and smiles. I want to really tell you “Thank you.” Because of your help, I’ve decided to try to go to college. No matter if I have success or failure, I am willing to take a chance. Even if one day I have failure, still I will not feel bad because I know that I had your encouragement and I will feel content. It will take a lot of work, but I still hope that will succeed. If there is a day in the future that I can complete my education, then I can grant my hard working father some rest and I can use both of my hands to help more people.

My dream is very simple. I want to go to a good university so I don’t disappoint my father and waste the nurturing he has given me. If I have the opportunity, I would like to try my best to transform my hometown and make it a place where people want to stay, a united, peaceful and affluent town that people don’t want to move from once they have lived there.

Thank you Nina.

Wan Mei